This past weekend, we celebrated the marriage of one of our sons, Christopher, to his glowing wife Laurin! Wahoo!! The brilliance of the sunshine was surpassed only by the sea of radiant smiles and sparkling joy. Congratulations and heap upon heap of every Good thing to our happy couple! To you both, we wish every last drop of blessing that we know our generous Father has within His vast storehouses for you! xoxoxoxo!
It was a beautiful ceremony, full of palpable love, moving music, and rich Scriptural nuggets of inspiration and affirmation in my own walk with the Gardener. But as the final acclamation of the celebration rang out, “Let those whom God has joined together, no one separate!”, another rang in and claimed my heart:
Let no one separate us from the Lord, Who, through His Son, has joined us together with Himself!
Pity the one who tries – or even contemplates – to separate us from the Son,
from the One who first loved us, in Whom lies all the Power and Authority,
and in Whose All-mighty Hands our hearts are safe!
- Let no one separate us from our introduction to Him; from His calm, imperturbable and gentle softening of our hardened and wounded hearts to endear us to His; from His meaningful Word; from His quiet persistence in pursuing and courting us, and our spirits’ shaky consenting response to His tender invitation.
- Let no one separate us as we walk and talk with Him; as we discover and are stirred by His character and passion for us; as He reveals He is the safe place to live, land and fall; as we are invigorated, inspired and excited by His vision of our fullness so wildly above and beyond the world’s imaginations, expectations, judgements, labels and assumptions, and as we take that timid step to live and move in His deep, protective and demonstrative love for us.
- Let no one separate us from Him as He pours His strength into our weaknesses; as He coaxes and brings out the best in us; as He stands as our security and shield against the world’s attempts to wound and destroy us; as He steps in to remove or helps us cast away all that harms or keeps us from perfect fulfillment within ourselves, and as He fill those holes to overflowing with His Goodness.
- Let no one separate us from Him and His proven and proving promises; from His reliability and solid trustworthiness; from His patient assurance and knowing guidance through all the dark valleys and atop bright hilltops.
- Let no one separate us from His profound affection and sacrificial love for us; from His wide and genuinely joy-filled smile and Heart; from His always-listening ear and sympathizing touch as we sigh in relief, settle and sink more deeply in our relationship with Him, and as we are strengthened by His unshakable, unmovable devotion and provision for us.
- Let no one separate us from His tender, wise and learned influence over our hearts and minds; from the fulfillment, handsomeness, loveliness, and glistening power of increasingly resembling Him as we grow closer and closer to Him, and as we cherish Him more and more.
- Let no one separate us from Him as He invites us to get to know His own Father, and from His encouragement to call His Father our Father.
- Let no one separate us as we join our spirits and souls and minds to His; as we find inexplicable joy and restorative fire in Him; as we commit to live our lives in unity with Him, and as we joyfully partner with Him with fresh purpose and desire to plant, water, tend, harvest and sow His Kingdom’s seeds and fields.
- Let no one separate us from Him as He prepares and sets the jewels in our crowns and to bedeck us in finery; as He prepares for today, and in all our moments, all that is needed within us in joyous anticipation for the day of celebration and jubilation when we rejoice in the Love of the most wonderful I AM!
Let no one separate us!
“And the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
(Mark 10: 8-9, New Revised Standard Version)
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Romans 8:38-39, New International Version)
Soil and Seed